Upland High School Home


FREE Summer School!!
  The Learning Centers at Fairplex is having summer school options for students to earn 5 credits. This is free for our students! They have limited space and courses but if your student is interested please send them to the career center... Continue
Posted by: Kalani Chavez
Published: 3/7/14

Want to Study Medicine and Dentistry?
If so, UCR and Loma Linda University have great programs for you to participate in. These include: A Mentorship program for all students in the field of medicine. Visiting Loma Linda University campus for a day! Please see the attached flyers for ... Continue
Posted by: Kalani Chavez
Published: 2/24/14

2013-14 Saturday Math Tutoring
Saturday School Math Tutoring Canceled Session: January 25, 2014   Date Algebra I Geometry Algebra II 10/19/2013 S. Robertson (D130) R. Dinu (H 199) F. Easton (K 234) 10/26/2013 A. Miller (H 196) G. Gudmunson (K 233) J. Nelson (H197) 11/2/201... Continue
Posted by: Corrina Galdamez
Published: 10/24/13

Regional Occupation Center (ROP)
What is ROP?


Regional Occupational Program (ROP) is a public education service that provides practical, hands-on career preparation and career guidance.  Baldy View ROP is one of 72 ROP's in the state of California. The ROP is designed to provide students with the technical skills required for particular jobs. Community-based internships in local business and industry sites are offered in many classes. Every course offers a unit on employment seeking skill, which includes the job application, resume, and interview preparation.




Who is eligible?



ROP courses are open to all high school juniors, seniors, persons 16 years of age or older, and to adults. Priority is given to high school seniors and juniors. Students residing within one of the five participating school districts will also receive enrollment priority.

Why take ROP?


Experience is the best teacher. ROP can help you get the experience needed to get a job of your choice, or help you update your existing skills, or train in a new field. ROP prepares students to obtain jobs to support the ever-increasing costs of college and promotes further advanced education in particular career areas.




What is the cost?




High school students do not pay any registration fees. There is a nonrefundable registration fee of $30 per course for adults plus tuition. Some courses may require a fee or deposit for books and/or supplies or may require the purchase of books and other classroom-related materials, fingerprinting, insurance, physical exam, and/or TB test. Check the course description for special requirements.




Where are ROP classes located?



Classes meet at local high schools and business and industry sites. After basic classroom instruction, every attempt will be made to provide internships near the student's home.


Are you paid while in an ROP class?


Because the ROP is a career preparation program, students are not paid while enrolled in class. However, "Cooperative" courses combine paid employment with weekly classroom instruction to give advanced training to students who have attained employment. Check the schedule for occupational areas offering this option.




Can you earn high school credits in an ROP class?



Yes, upon successful completion of an ROP course, credits and grades may be issued and applied toward high school graduation.

Why should I take ROP if I'm going to college?

Whether a student plans to go to a university, college, or directly into the workforce, effective job skills and experience are an asset. ROP courses may give students an edge in obtaining entrance into a variety of related college and university majors. BVROP has entered into articulation agreements with Chaffey College and many more. These agreements permit students who have successfully completed selected courses to enroll in training at the community college without having to repeat previously covered materials.