Athletic Mission Statement
Upland High SchoolAthletic Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a rigorous athletic program which complements and supports a challenging academic program by teaching students to persevere, to work well with others, and to test themselves.
- We believe students are our highest priority.
- We believe the dignity, worth, and self-esteem of participants should be paramount in all athletic activities.
- We believe the most important result of competition is the development of life-long values and skills.
- We believe the athletic program is an integral part of the high school experience.
- We believe high school athletics should be fun and rewarding.
- We believe athletic programs are most beneficial when they are competitive.
- We believe winning is an attitude resulting from optimum preparation, concentrated effort and a deep commitment to excel.
- We believe well-designed athletic programs promote community and school pride.
- We believe open communication and mutual respect among coaches, parents, and athletes provide the foundation of a successful athletic program.
- We believe morale, satisfaction, and performance are enhanced when athletes work together as a team.
- We believe well qualified coaches and program administrators are important components in a successful athletic program.
- We believe positive parent support and involvement enhance student growth and program quality.